Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Family Man

Well, that morning took place here one day and continues occurring daily in our home now. My husband, and I love him so much, was one of those men who had somewhat of a difficult time really embracing being a father, the reality of our life and how much it changed once having our son. We struggled quite a bit for the first several months because of that. I was so in love with our son and so committed (still am) and so tired of course. I just wanted to do the best I could every day and wanted my husband to support me and at the very least, understand and not give me a hard time about the way things had changed. I would've been happy with him simply accepting our reality. That would've been enough.

I am so amazed at how much more he has exceeded my hopes and expectations as the father I knew he could be. I do believe it was one morning that I first saw it, just like in the movie. It all just connected for him and he was so into our son and so supportive of me. He truly is wonderful and the most incredible father and husband. Being pregnant, I have been so fatigued and it's been challenging doing everything that I was used to doing before. He not only changes diapers, helps out with our precious dog, Savvy, assists me around the house, etc. He now takes Pierce for walks, plays with him, reads to him, took him on his first man date out to lunch and so much more. There are just so many little things that I can't believe every day. He's such a natural.

I am just so lucky and so happy and so in love with my family. I knew he was the man I wanted to marry and I knew he would be the father I wanted for our children. It took a little time for him to adjust but, as I said, he has done so much more than that. I melt every day watching them and I am just so grateful for all of this. With our new son arriving in December, we are both so excited. Everything is going so well and both of our boys are so healthy and strong. Thank you Family Man for all that you do, for all of your love and support, and for being the man you are. I am so proud of you and I love you so much.

Sandy Frankfort

LoveWrap - Wrap Your Baby With Love
sandy@babylovewrap.com
http://www.babylovewrap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment