There is nothing quite like the feel of a new baby in your arms. And from that first moment, it will be hard to imagine a time when you will ever want to put your baby down. And then reality sets in (in the form of the laundry, the dishes or the dinner plates) and you you will realize that if you are ever going to get anything done, you may have to figure out a way to put your baby down, or freeing up your arms.
That's where baby wearing comes in. Many new parents use a sling or other baby wearing device to combine the joy of holding their babies with the reality of needing their hands free to accomplish tasks throughout the day.
- Aids in bonding between parent and baby
- Provides a safe a secure environment for baby
- Offers a convenient way for parents to hold baby
- Helps to soothe and comfort a fussy baby
- Helps new moms shed baby weight
Studies show that babies who are carried cry an average of 43 percent less overall and 54 percent less during the evening hours (that magic cranky time for babies) than those who are not.